• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Punko353

Punko353

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 02:13 PM

Hi All,
I am pretty new to editing GPL and wanted to give a try at making a horizon but did not know where to begin.

One of my favorite tracks is Laguna Seca and I found Laguna95 to be a great version of it but the sky and horizon was not that accurate (having been there).

I have been searching for a good sky to replace it with and ran across Scotts "Generic Desert Sky" and installed it.  It was a great looking sky but did not quite fit with Laguna because it had mountains and water.

So I edited the mountains into rolling hills and removed the water.
THe results are pretty acurate of the Monterey area and fits very well for this track.

I would like to thank Scott for this great sky and hope it is not a problem if I edited your great work.

If there is any problem with posting this here then I am sorry and you my remove it,  I did it for my own enjoyment but it turned out so well that I thought I would post it for others to use.

I included a readme with the zip file thanking Scott and giving him all credits for the main body of work.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy it.   :thumbup:

Attached Files

#2 Punko353

Punko353

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 02:16 PM

Here is the zip file :)

LagunaSeca95_Horizon2.zip

#3 scott

scott

Lead Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:How many twinkies i can consume in a 1 hour period.

Posted 30 January 2005 - 02:39 PM

Punko353, on Jan 30 2005, 01:13 PM, said:

Hi All,
I am pretty new to editing GPL and wanted to give a try at making a horizon but did not know where to begin.

I would like to thank Scott for this great sky and hope it is not a problem if I edited your great work.

If there is any problem with posting this here then I am sorry and you my remove it,  I did it for my own enjoyment but it turned out so well that I thought I would post it for others to use.

I included a readme with the zip file thanking Scott and giving him all credits for the main body of work.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy it.   :thumbup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clapping:
Hiya punko!  :punk:

That looks FANTASTIC!
A long time ago, I gave a "blanket O.K." for anyone to hack and whack any junk I should ever happen to upload.

Actually, I encourage it!!!!!  :thumbup:

And this is the result......FANTASTIC work, and somebody new, who is now interested in editing!

Thank You!
Looks great!
Hope you post a screen at the zone for this!  :thumbup:
Monty Python Addict: NEE!

#4 Punko353

Punko353

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 02:49 PM

Thanks buddy :)

And thanks for your great work.  I have downloaded almost all of your skies and everyone of them are beautiful.

This one is still yours,,, just a bit different.

:thumbup:

#5 dangermouse

dangermouse

the mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 974 posts
  • Interests:GPL, P&G, computing, music, hi-fi

Posted 30 January 2005 - 04:25 PM

That's great Punko!

I know Scott is very pleased that you've done this. Any more you're going to do? There are other Laguna tracks ;)

B)
keith s-g

Visit the:
Posted Image

#6 Punko353

Punko353

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:33 PM

Hey Dangermouse,
Thanks for the encouragement,  I have been trying to figure out this GPL editing stuff and it is very different than Nascar Heat,  I edited that for 5 years making mods (mostly) but did a few tracks.  So I am just getting my feet wet with GPL.

I have to say I love the challenge and find some of it easy and some just downright near impossible!   But I love it.

Actually My second favorite track is Cleveland (Burke Lakefront Airport) and I am trying to edit the sky in that track but it is totally different with just 2 textures for the whole sky.  I would like to fix that track but it is pretty bad (Old IndycarII),,, :(

I made a pretty good one for Heat from scratch but to get that into GPL is far above my head for now.  (but I may try when I know more).

Just for grins,  I made this shiney black Ferrari last night, but I don't know how to paint the mirrors without messing up the other cars.    Black is my favotie color and every car I have had in a sim has been black so I figured I needed a gloss black Ferrari.

Somthing really odd about it though,  it is semi transparent,  it looks cool but was not intentional.  I'll have to figure that one out!

:)

Other skies?  hmmm,,,  maybe when I get better at this... :blink:

Attached Files

#7 dangermouse

dangermouse

the mobile chicane

• Administrators
  • 974 posts
  • Interests:GPL, P&G, computing, music, hi-fi

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:49 PM

Cool :thumbup: