59 replies to this topic

#51 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Honored Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:53 PM

Lee and Ginetto,

Finally from your conclusions, window mode not being possible, I nevertheless decided to  take advantage of  changing  the settings to get 3 separate monitors. I disabled Nvidia  surround in the control panel . So now I can get a program switching from one screen to another .I tested and GPL display on one screen while I have all the desktop displayed on another screen; I opened CamEdit while GPL is running and began to edit Silvestone cam ON THE FLY  !!! Thks for all your tips
I am.still using OGL V1/orignal 67 carset/ original untouched papy tracks. .I can display GPL at 2560 X 1440

The only problem is the resolutions available listed inside GPL have ratios far from my targeted 5.3333 ratio

what is annoying is that at the beginning I might think that the new position of the cameras can be correct because the overal scene displayed is more faraway, , but I will have to check each time by launching GPL at the resolution of 7680 X 1440.

I have heard of a utility called  GPL resolution hacker, maybe if I find it and if it works with the original rasterizers, I will get a custom resolution not too far .I wld be happy with a ratio around 4/1.

Edited by M Needforspeed, 02 May 2020 - 05:29 PM.

#52 Lee

Lee

Honored Member

• Administrators
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:26 PM

Have you tried setting a custom resolution with GEM+?

#53 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Honored Member

• 1,746 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 05:25 PM

Lee,  

that's late at home , now, 1.26 AM ....

.At the moment, I don't use GEM for this separate GPL install;Tomorrow, I will add this install to GEM and try

meanwhile, I had some bugs with the mouse pointer.It stayed only on the monitor where GPL displays, and didn't want to drag to the other screens; But after returning with my first GPL setting at 640 X 480, thats OK !

Have a nice evening at home

Edited by M Needforspeed, 02 May 2020 - 05:27 PM.

#54 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Honored Member

• 1,746 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 01:27 AM

as this GPL install has only V1 rasterizers, there is a GEM  Pop Up window saying it ain't valid gpl.exe.

I didn't find a solution yet for the mouse pointer moving only  on the GPL screen .ITried with my normal GPL install using GEM, or launching different Gpl.exe, have controlled the mouse settings :think: but it is a tricky thing as sometimes the pointer draft to the other screens !

Edited by M Needforspeed, 03 May 2020 - 07:49 AM.

#55 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Honored Member

• 1,746 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:16 PM

On a triple screen, by default GPL launch always on the 1st declared monitor on the display or/and Nvidia control panel.And the desktop and the task bar that are on the 1st monitor by default moves automatically on the 2nd monitor.

But even if you keep the pointer on the second or third monitor while GPL is launched,  GPL captures and sucks the mouse pointer for its exclusive use,as if the Monitor 2 and 3 were not activated, though they are !

Edited by M Needforspeed, 03 May 2020 - 03:25 PM.

#56 Lee

Lee

Honored Member

• Administrators
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 03:59 PM

I've once had that problem where the mouse gets stuck in GPL.  However lately, the mouse will scroll back and forth between screens without problem.

Wish I knew what causes it and how to fix it, but don't know.  :think:

#57 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Honored Member

• 1,746 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:11 PM

performed all this evening with different graphics in GEM,tried different resolutions ( as I feel they have an incidence on the mouse behaviour )  or launched different gpl.exe directly from the GPL folder, tried different GPL installs testing rasterizers V1 and V2....without succeeding yet !

Pribluda activated or not even installed.........

........ I cloned two monitors just for a test , so the same GPL displays twice with the mouse working correctly for each , but they won't draft on the third monitor !

Oh, and I forgot to mention that when I enter in cockpit view, the pointer disappears and never returns !

I did search on the web, and pointer display problems are current, but didn't find  a topic relative to a game capturing the pointer

thks the same Lee for keeping your eyes on this topic :bye1: :cheers:

Edited by M Needforspeed, 03 May 2020 - 04:28 PM.

#58 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Honored Member

• 1,746 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 02:17 AM

Finally, get it to work but only under severe restricted conditions :shrug: :beta: :thumbup:

1 - Launch GPL

2 - While GPL launch, move the pointer to the snd or third monitor

3 - keep my finger pressed down on the mouse right button( essential, otherwise the pointer will be captured by GPL)

4 - Using OGL V2 ( that's a mystery, but don't work with Direct 3 D V2 ) with reso set at 640 X 480

5 -the pointer move on all monitors while switching all GPL menus screens, but the final step is ....

6 - .... enter the track clicking on the replay button .It won't work if I enter the track using the green button. I think it is because in driver view the taskbar doesn't display. The pointer will disappears if I do so.Anyway, driver view ain't useful for setting tracks  cameras.

In 640 X 480, the game will display full screen on the 2560 X 1440 monitor, so the image size is comfortable.. With the others reso, GPL will display on a window, and the pointer will become prisoner, blocked on the edges of the game.

So all the GPL replay taskbar displays and I will have the possiblity to control my TV1 and TV2 changes and I hope perform changes on the fly !

The pointer when moving from 2, 3 monitors to the game will appears only with a short latency, but works !!!The other way, no latency.

Edited by M Needforspeed, 04 May 2020 - 06:25 AM.

#59 webfoot

webfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 02:55 AM

I have 2 monitors and run GPL full screen on the 1st monitor.  I also have issues with the cursor arrow when switching between GPL and the desktop.  It can be quite haphazard.

To switch out of GPL and back to windows, I press the "Windows key".  I then use alt+tab to switch back into GPL.  Works most of the time but can be a bit random sometimes.

#60 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Honored Member

• 1,746 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 03:10 AM

Thks for the info, webfoot. I have seen on web topics it was a solution working but as you says, randomly