Looking for some of my old projects...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Photog

Mr. Photog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

10 years ago, I was pretty involved in track editing.  My one released track was Marlboro.  (Well, and the Marlboro oval).

I had a few other projects that I had worked on. Not 100% ready to release, but a lot of work done. Custom textures & 3dos based on period photographs, lots of testing with drivers who had driven the tracks in period.  I circulated a number of the tracks to different folks, for things like ai, advice, textures, programs, or testing.

Anyway, computer crashes and lost backup disks mean that I have absolutely nothing left.  I am hoping that maybe some of those beta-test versions still exist out there somewhere. (Actually I think I have a.trk file from vineland. But that's absolutely it -- no textures, no gtks, no 3dos).

The tracks I can remember having worked on and circulated, in order from most to least complete:

Vineland
Cumberland
Wilmot
Steets of Willow (2 versions)
Blackhawk Farms

There were others, I think, but those are the ones that stick in my head.  The first 3, like Marlboro, were all very short tracks with roots in 1950s sports car racing.  Vineland was another short oval with an outfield road course.

Anyway, if anyone has anything at all from those old projects, get in touch. I would love to see them again, and maybe finish/release them.

Mr. Photog
marlboro4gpl@yahoo.com