• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ferrari 312

Ferrari 312

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

Hi Texture Editing Guru's

I have a transparent .mip file from Nascar3 that I would like to convert to use in the converted Atlanta track for GPL but I just can't get it to work, I've tried PapyBMP and WinMip with no joy, I either get a fence of solid colour or completely transparent. This is all abit out of my depth, but from reading the topic sticky at the top of this forum I believe that the problem may be with the transparency that is created when I convert it to a .bmp file.

I'm using Paint.net and it can't save the transparency mask in 16 bits, which I think is the cause of my problem. I'm hoping someone would be willing to take a look and see if they can create a mip that will work in
GPL for me, I've spent several hours mucking about tonight without any luck.

The .mip and .m16 files in Nascar3 format are attached, appreciate any and all help

Craig

#2 Phil

Phil

Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

Here ya go

#3 Ferrari 312

Ferrari 312

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostPhil, on 31 August 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Here ya go

Hi Phil

Many thanks for this, in game I'm still getting this view though

Could this be a limitation of Atlanta being a converted to GPL track and not supporting mips with transparency?

Craig

#4 Phil

Phil

Retired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Dunno, what's the texture called in Atlanta?

#5 Ferrari 312

Ferrari 312

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

Phil

Many thanks again for sorting out a good .mip for GPL, the issue was with the version of the track that I converted to GPL, once I started from scratch on that side and used Doodat to pack the modified track.3do and fence mips into the N3 DAT and then reconverted I could see the fence in GPL as I expected to.  :thumbup:

Now to go and have some fun  :bandana1: appreciate your help

Craig