Groove Edit

groove editing groove.mip

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ljmagyar

ljmagyar

• 53 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

I seem to be asking all the questions as of late, here's another.

I need some help with creating/editing the groove.  It's been a while since I've done one, and the tools have changed immensely.  I have grved111, but don't know how to use it!  I seem to remember having to do something with a hotlap, and manipulating that into a groove. Beyond that, I cannot recall what to do. or how to do it.

I know I've got to add a 4003 reference to the groove.mip in the Tex file to get it to show up once the groove is made.

As a side note - when I open GrvEd111, if i click on *anything*, it freezes up and acts like its waiting for input.  Might be a Win10 issue.

Help in the right direction would be appreciated!

#2 ginetto

ginetto

Master Tracker

• Administrators
  • 8,534 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:48 PM

You need a replay of the lap you want to use
then you open the replay in GPL Replay Analyser and, using the tools>track creating tools>Export lap to groove (GRV) file, you create the GRV file.
At this point, you can open the GRV file in GrvEd111; with this you can change the width of the groove, modify the lateral position and change the darkness of it.
I have win7 64bits and it works just fine, only thing is that it needs to be installed first and once uploaded the GRV you can close it only via the menues.

Done these tracks and working on others.

#3 ljmagyar

ljmagyar

• 53 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

Hmm... I did install GrvEd111 - seemed to go just fine.  It opens/loads.  When I try to 'open' a GRV file, it just sits there doing nothing.  Like it should have a dialog open to browse to the file, but it isn't showing.

#4 ginetto

ginetto

Master Tracker

• Administrators
  • 8,534 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:04 PM

Here is what I see in GrvEd with nothing open (1) and the same with a GRV loaded (2).

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   90.61K   9 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   155.17K   10 downloads

#5 ljmagyar

ljmagyar

• 53 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:30 AM

Right... The first window happens.  But when I FILE>OPEN (FILE>anything; ABOUT>anything), nothing happens.  The proggy just sits there and 'blings' at me when I click anywhere.  It seems like the pop-up dialog is not showing, or that I need to input something somewhere - but no place becomes evident!

#6 ginetto

ginetto

Master Tracker

• Administrators
  • 8,534 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:44 AM

Did you try in win 10 the compatibility tool ?
I used it with other programs and it worked all the time
It appears with the right click on the icon you need to fix but I don't remember the exact name now.
I have win 10 on another PC and now I cannot access it.

#7 ljmagyar

ljmagyar

• 53 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:50 AM

yeah, tried all the compatibility things.  going to reboot and see if that helps.  perhaps the back-end TSRs need a reboot to activate properly.

#8 ljmagyar

ljmagyar

• 53 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:01 AM

ljmagyar, on 31 March 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

yeah, tried all the compatibility things.  going to reboot and see if that helps.  perhaps the back-end TSRs need a reboot to activate properly.

Well, that didn't help.  I am getting an error pop-up when I try to run in Win7 compatible mode.

Attached Files

#9 ricaramos

ricaramos

• 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:35 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to update the groove from Road Atlanta, I make the grv file on the Replay Analizer, open on grved111 and using this files on THE RACING LINE program, but I dont have a Object List ( .mrk file, what is this?) and when I try Process Track I got this messenge "Loading .cln: success C:\Sierra\GPL\tracks\roada\roada.cln
Loading .3do: Could not find roada.3DO"

Help

P.S I found all center lines avaliable in the forum