• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mcmirande

mcmirande

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 10:15 AM

Hi all!

I remember there was a program to make track sections going in a direction to coincide/fit with the margins of the sections coming in the opposite direction. I mean, filling all the empty space between these sections.

A papyrus example is Mexico just before and after the hairpin but there are many others among the addon tracks, being Clermont the most striking (when fall down the hill)

Well, does somebody remember how that program is called and, hopefully, have some tips to use it?

Cheers and thanks!

Marcos

#2 Paul Skingley

Paul Skingley

Honored Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 03:01 PM

You mean gappy function of doz ?

Extras
-======-
* Gappy *
Now it's possible to recreate the Mexico-hairpin effect with ease.  Create a text file like this: (clermont.gap here)

Gap file for Clermont

Where the first line is a comment line, and each subsequent line is a track section number where you want to allow cars to leave the section left/right (normally GPL stops this happening).  You'll also need to remove the outer-most wall-with-height to make this possible.

For this reason, you can only perform Gappy on a .trk, not on a .gtk.

Also note, your track sections must overlap!  Any gap between them will most likely result in a CTD as the car can't travel on nothing.

:wave:

#3 mcmirande

mcmirande

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:51 PM

Thanks Paul!

I thought there was some way to fit more or less automatically the track margins from both sections. That was my intention rather than making possible to cut the track from a section to another.
But I guess I'll have a nice time playing with graced, hehe.

Thanks again! Marcos