Pit entrance layout question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eletricman

Eletricman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

I am experiencing something that seems tricky to solve: the track I am developing have a pit entry with a layout pretty different (see picture and attached file in Google Earth) to the track end turn.

Given it is a real track, what you guys would solve this problem?

1 - Make the pit entry with a separate 3DO? big work and section cross problem (maybe something similar to Mexico hairpin). Probably clipping and surface issues tricky to make it working well :blink:
2 - Use multiple short sections? doing it on the main straight, together with boxes and starting grid doesn't look very friendly. :unsure:
3 - Create an alternative pit entry layout, following the drawing of last turn. Considering pits are not as much important as the track itself, seems acceptable a "fantasy 67 layout". Also, it has an oval layout, as noticeable in GE. :think: That's what I an tempted to use.

What about you? Solutions are welcome.
Thank you for the help  :thumbup:

Attached Files

#2 ginetto

ginetto

Master Tracker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,532 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:31 AM

Definetly a nightmare for GPL :)
I will stay away from trackside object in this case because the track road will surely clip when you are using the pit entrance.
Best for me is to use option 3 and do the entrance from the track exactly where it is but staying closer to the track and make it draw a turn as the track itself, it shouldn't be bad and you can make the pit road not have the same radius so it can have a similar driving experience as the real one.
Good luck and ciao! :wave:

Done these tracks and working on others.