• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,387 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

Samsung now has a 32:9 display ratio monitor.  Gaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Attached Files

Greg

... What's who's name?

#2 Border Reiver

Border Reiver

Honored Member

• 4,148 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

Nice. :)

Running with three monitors operating as a single display for GPL I have something like 6000 x 1080, but that single monitor unit is rather tasty.

Rob

#3 sky

sky

ultra highres junkie

• 3,039 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:41 PM

Hm, resolution is too low for my liking. Looks somewhat like two regular FHD screens attached. If I'm honest,
I'd wish that would offer 4k resolution as pixels are still too large for me.

/edit
What I mean with 4k res is - that size but with the pixel density of a 4k screen of those dimensions. So in the
area of 7680x2160.

Edited by sky, 10 June 2017 - 01:33 AM.

#4 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Honored Member

• 1,629 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

Thks for sharing, Greg.
Another frustrating thing, with this beautiful shape, it  can be a screen of choice !! But for my personal taste, screen height is too short.

I always postponed an investment in a new screen, because I want to go for a 4000 K OLED big TV screen only dedicated to GPL. one year back, I took my PC to the FNAC, got an appointment with a seller, and I tried GPL on the latest LG 4K UHD OLED 72".
72'' diagonal size allows setting the FOV to get player car size / front track as large as it is inside the real car..

LG is mastering the new OLED technology better than the competitors.OLED revisited by them, not the first tentatives by samsung, Sony or others. Experience was fantastic, never seen GPL rendered with so crispier 3D objects, so beautiful,so smooth, so immersive, and with cockpit and front train displayed at their size in real life....  BUT the problem is the price.

With this , I wld play at every hour of the day , with full natural light in the room. In my case, that's the way to go, without all the pros and cons of a videoprojector.
I will go for a longer test one day, as the only problem I want to check, is it can strain the eyes or not,  after playing a lot. The distance between the gamer eyes and the TV screen ( 170 cm maximum, with my usual cockpit, for the steering wheel and support to blend naturally with the cockpit displayed) being a lot shorter than the recommended distance for the usual spectator that will watch movies at 3 meters ... or more,from the screen.

Edited by M Needforspeed, 09 June 2017 - 04:33 PM.