3D Object See-Through Fix ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• 6,559 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

ginetto, can a 3D object be changed to eliminate see-through from one viewing direction?  At Zandvoort the cars in their pit boxes are seen through the rear wall of the pit building.  Because the pit building object is a self-contained external 3do can it be fixed?

If you can show me (or have the time to do it yourself) it would be a great improvement.  I can provide my pitbldg.3do with all of the required mips to make it viewable.

Attached Files

Edited by gliebzeit, 14 March 2017 - 05:27 PM.

Greg

... What's who's name?

#2 ginetto

ginetto

Master Tracker

• Administrators
  • 8,533 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

I don't think it can without recompiling the track and that is a problem for this one.
Is not the 3DO itself but how is placed in the track 3DO; you should need a track wall to divide the 3DO object from the cars so the program knows that the object is at one side and the cars at the other. Other solution could be found with the possibility to recompile but Papys tracks don't let you do so.
Sorry

Done these tracks and working on others.

#3 gliebzeit

gliebzeit

Targa Fan

• 6,559 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

Thank you, my friend, for explaining the reasoning behind the facts.  :)

You've given me another piece of G.P.L. editing wisdom.
Greg

... What's who's name?

#4 Royale

Royale

Honored Member

• 4,094 posts
  • Interests:Vroom vroom

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:32 AM

Using the G.P.L. editor I've been cleaning up my models including the '62s as best I can.
Progress for sure but I have run into two puzzles:

- I want to expand the bounding boxes for the tires but I don't understand the logic of the boxes.
   Any thing I try just distorts the box. Other model "box reference" numbers don't work either.  Thoughts? :ermm:

-I want to adjust the size of the steering wheel in the outside view but I don't know what to adjust. :detective: More thoughts?