9)- I read the last gtk I made using txt2gtk with txt2gtk and save a txt

Result: the txt is full of zeros!! :-(

#2 Border Reiver

Border Reiver

Honored Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

Although the output from txt2gtk is comma separated values, if I remember rightly the input needs to be tab separated text. So, you can open the csv in Excel, edit the file and then save the resulting file as txt (tab delimited) directly from Excel and then read that file back into txt2gtk. That should then work correctly.

Rob

Edited by Border Reiver, 09 May 2011 - 11:50 AM.

#3 Luis Babboni

Luis Babboni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

View PostBorder Reiver, on 09 May 2011 - 11:48 AM, said:

Although the output from txt2gtk is comma separated values, if I remember rightly the input needs to be tab separated text. So, you can open the csv in Excel, edit the file and then save the resulting file as txt (tab delimited) directly from Excel and then read that file back into txt2gtk. That should then work correctly.

Rob

Thanks Border, but it seems not the case. txt2gtk couldn´t read a txt tab separated :-(
BTW, do you know wich is the meaning of the 5th value for each trace in the txt that txt2gtk generates? The 1st is the start altitud of the trace; the followings are the 1st; 2nd and 3rd coefficient, but the 5th?

Regards.... I will continue to fight with it.

EDIT:

1)-I pick the gtk and make a txt
2)-I pick the txt that I just save and make a gtk

Result: the track was flated!

Edited by Luis Babboni, 09 May 2011 - 12:40 PM.

#4 Border Reiver

Border Reiver

Honored Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:17 PM

I will check here with the files I most recently used. (Memory is a bad thing, and it is mostly automatic to me what I do, so that I forget exactly what I do in which order).

I am not surprised by your most recent experiment. I am certain that the export and import formats are different for txt2gtk and that one uses commas and the other uses tabs.

EDIT:
The import back to the gtk definately requires tab separated values. I have attached the file that I exported from my current gtk and also the file which I used to import the final altitudes for that gtk for my latest track. These will not be of great help to you (as they relate to my track), except that the numbers themselves should be the same in both of my files if you compare them, but the file format in terms of commas and tabs are what are required for import and export. When txt2gtk exports a file the numbers are comma separated. For txt2gtk to import data from a file and put it into the gtk the data must be tab separated. This option exists in Excel in the saving options [File -> Save As, then Save as type: Text (Tab delimited)(*.txt)].

Rob

Attached Files

#5 Luis Babboni

Luis Babboni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:40 AM

Thanks! Rob.... I´ll read it tomorrow.
Too buzy day today for me :-)