• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jean-baptsite bassibey

jean-baptsite bassibey

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:41 AM

Hi all,

I'm in difficultly ; i want to create some altitudes for my first track ( Ain-Diab ), I don't understand the system, could you help me ?

Jb

#2 pirenzo

pirenzo

Where's this go again?

• Staff Crew
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:13 PM

Well, I could attempt to tell you how it all works, but its probably not worth it, as there are tools out there to help you do it.

GracEd
Never used this one, but I'm sure its pretty easy.

GTK Alt
This one I have used.  The readme explains how to use it, the only other thing you need to know is that you must have a background image loaded for it to save.
Now they've made Dunlop Bridge much faster this year, and in doing so they have made it safer. Not so acute as it was, it can be taken, very nearly flat out - Mike Hawthorn, Le Mans 1956

#3 Eletricman

Eletricman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:38 PM

Just reporting, recently I have released my own Track Heights editor, the HeightED.

It can still contain some little bugs, but the performance seems fine. I was beginning to edit a track recently (just for fun) and it worked well. :) Good for final work and fixing small undesired bumps. Includes README.

HeightED

#4 pirenzo

pirenzo

Where's this go again?

• Staff Crew
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:57 PM

Thanks dude, sounds worth checking out
Now they've made Dunlop Bridge much faster this year, and in doing so they have made it safer. Not so acute as it was, it can be taken, very nearly flat out - Mike Hawthorn, Le Mans 1956

#5 ljmagyar

ljmagyar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:50 AM

keeping the GracEd (altitudes) in one spot...

I am trying to make a smooth, drive-able surface and in so doing using GraceEd and the "C" and "F" functions cannot seem to rid the alts of the gradient errors.

The older versions of TRK23DO - like F and W - had a smooth switch you could use when running the tool from a command prompt.  

What's the best way to smooth the gradients and get a nice, drive-able surface?    I cannot seem to get the "-f" or "-s" tools to work with trk23d0z.  It's quite possibly operator error  - but the TRK compiled with the latest tools is very bumpy - upsetting the car bumpy.

What am I missing???

#6 ginetto

ginetto

Master Tracker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

I work the altitudes only on gracEd without using the F key; I just zoom in a lot and shape the line as I prefer.

If you want to smooth the lines a la trk23doW style, you can use trk23doW with a batch file as you were used to, it still work and doesn't bring any issues to the newer tools. We did that with the Targa Florio :)

Done these tracks and working on others.

#7 ljmagyar

ljmagyar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:56 PM

sounds good - in fact, that's what i wound up doing.  thanks for confirmation that "W" doesnt interfere.