3DoEd or 3DSimEd discussion

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Luis Babboni

Luis Babboni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

"...You need to change your excel preferences and change that behavior before to import the txt data otherwise some cells will report wrong data...."
Mmmmm.... wich preferences? About commas, thats not the problem. I just wanted to say why there appears commas.

I´ll try again Graced, Iit was the first altitudes program I used and when I know Eight ED it seems better for me, but Im not sure now.

Yes, I have this Excel sheet and it ssay for all values what its meanings. But thats that appears in txt2gtk is not in anywhere in the Excel sheet.

I understand that change D1 and D2 is just another way to change the gradient and the start altitud.

Yes, I use wall 2 for the, now I know wich is the correect english name, cobblestone.

#27 ginetto

ginetto

Master Tracker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:28 AM

Here is what changing D2 to positive and D1 negative, by the same value, does at Sebring airport.
I did it to simulate the concrete pieces of the track.
With Graced ( and HeightED I guess) you cannot do this kind of thing; they always smooth the line
:wave:

Attached Files

Done these tracks and working on others.

#28 Luis Babboni

Luis Babboni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

Ooooops, is not the same. As you said, at least EightED, smooth the trace function.
Using the start altitud and the start gradient is all you can do just keeping the trace function smooth. And in you picture, the trace is not smooth.

#29 ginetto

ginetto

Master Tracker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,497 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:17 AM

I did changed manually the D1 and D2 values in the GPLtrk program, you can do it also using the excel sheet ;)

Done these tracks and working on others.