• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ferrari 312

Ferrari 312

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

Hi Guys

I'm trying to position some textures on a wall, but for some reason I can't get them to start at the beginning of the wall  :confused:

I have attached an image with a views of the particular wall in GPL TRK, my .tex file, and how the texture is currently being mapped.

What I want to do is have the texture start to map on this wall from the BP symbol which is where this mip starts, but for some reason it starts part way along and wraps the end at the beginning.

I'm sure the answer is simple I just can't work it out, could someone please assist and let me know what I am doing wrong? Hopefully the attached picture gives enough detail to point to my problem.

Thanks for any assistance  :wave:

F312

#2 sky

sky

ultra highres junkie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

i'd say try gplwallchanger 1.4 - ginetto posted a translated .pdf file with the helpfile / doc somewhere around here. i think that's the tool of choice. i've used in on reims. it takes a bit getting used to, but which gpl tool isn't right? ;)

#3 ginetto

ginetto

Master Tracker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

Use Unk1 value to move the start of the texture. you will need a few tries but can get it right;
eventuallly, to make it match at the end too, you will need to change the longitude value in the  TEX file :wave:

Edited by Ginetto, 19 July 2012 - 12:45 PM.

Done these tracks and working on others.

#4 Ferrari 312

Ferrari 312

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

Ginetto and Sky

Many thanks for your responses, after alot of mucking about I managed to align the texture as i wanted

Thank you again  :wave: