• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TvO

TvO

Honored Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

When working on the Brabham BT26 cockpit 3do I learned a lot about how in Grand Prix Legends the hands are drawn. Basically they are split into two parts, one containing the back part of the fist (or the front part if you are the one being punched :P ) and one containing the rest, with the steering wheel being in the middle. This to give a more realistic look to the hand grabbing the steering wheel, with a small part of the wheel rim getting into the opening at the top of the fist.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone with a bit of spare time on their hands would help me out creating new hands. The current ones are fifteen years old now and a bit low on polies :D . Maybe someone with 3d Max skills could render a fist with glove texture and convert it to 3do via ase23do, and I'd optimize the model (basically replacing triangular poly's with square ones if necessary and cutting the model up into pieces to wrap around the steering wheel) and try to implement it in a Grand Prix Legends car.

Maybe it's an idea to only have one hand fully closed into a fist, and the other one opened a bit more because of the frequent shifting.

Before I forget, the 3do model would have to be made with type 81f poly's (without lighting normals) instead of 821 (with lighting normals). It's of course possible to have hands with the lighting normals but I think it would put too much strain on the system. Is this possible within ase23do or perhaps another editor / converter? Because changing it manually would take up some more time which could maybe be avoided :) .

What do you think?

Edited by TvO, 11 October 2013 - 03:28 PM.