5 replies to this topic

#1 TvO

TvO

Honored Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

Hi guys,

I'd like to know how to move a shifter. I'm working on an update for the 1969 Brabham BT26 and I'd like to move the shifter a bit more forward to reflect the real car better. I've looked at the car 3do and it seems like the shifter 3d model uses a positioner so that will be easy to move, but how can I get the driver's hand to go the the new position when shifting as well?

When I'm at it I'd also like to adjust the location of the hand when it's holding the shifter when viewed from outside the car (F10 view) as it's currently grabbing next to the shifter, punching the windscreen :D .

Tommie.

#2 TvO

TvO

Honored Member

• 2,261 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

After changing the positioner I found out the hand reaches for the right location automatically, must be a Grand Prix Legends first :D . There is another positioner inside the shifter 3do file which lets you adjust the gate sizes. After a bit of fiddling I've found a new, better place for the shifter, where the hand also holds the knob well and doesn't stick out of the cockpit anymore.

Now off to do some more fiddling :D

#3 MECH

MECH

Double poly killer

• Administrators
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Yup, if you move it from one side to another it even switches hands :)
Iirc the default cars had only one positioner so the hand would move to where you would move the shifter.
If you put a positioner in front of the shifter node you split up the physical and visual location.
That's because the handle is still pointing to the original shifter node.
Basically the same as the head node :)

Cheers,

Martin

#4 TvO

TvO

Honored Member

• 2,261 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Great stuff. Thankfully they included the BRM otherwise that feature would probably have been omitted :)

#5 M Needforspeed

M Needforspeed

Honored Member

• 1,634 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Tommie,

so you can edit this differently for each car slot ? Wld be a nice thing, and you have my vote ! :drive1:

#6 TvO

TvO

Honored Member

• 2,261 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Yes, definately :) . Here's the Brabham BT26 cockpit as it stands. The green color will be adjusted as well :) .

Attached Files