how-to create a moving object

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lavalamp

lavalamp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:05 AM

I've decided I'd like to learn to make objects for GPL, and I've trying to think of an interesting niche to work in.

I don't believe it's possible to have changing weather in GPL - a kind of dynamic skybox (or is it?), so as a compromise of sorts I'm wondering if one could add a some slowly moving clouds, which would at least make the sky a little bit dynamic - just for some added realism/ambience. I have seen some tracks with blimps or helicopters - how is this done?

#2 lavalamp

lavalamp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:17 AM

Sorry D if this not the correct forum, as a cloud would be a texture, but 3DOs are the only things I know that can move, so maybe it would be a 'flat' 3DO? :blink:

#3 jean-baptsite bassibey

jean-baptsite bassibey

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:19 PM

No, I think is an object uppin at his maximum.

#4 Guru

Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:00 PM

Ho hum, only 3 and a half years late...

A dynamic skybox is certainly possible.  You'll need gplanim by me, found here: http://gplea.rscsite...im/gplanim.html

Instructions on how to create an animation are on that site too, although looking at them again they are a little bit vague ;)

I'd suggest making a static sphere as the skybox, and adjusting the rotation so that it slowly rotates about the polar (vertical) axis.  Or maybe about the north-south or east-west axis would be better - depends on the texture.